Have you got your sunglasses? What about the sunscreen and that cotton scarf/summer hats to cover your lovely hairs? How can you forget your umbrella which protects you from those harsh UV rays ? Well, Summer is here !!
A season of sunshine,tasty fruits,lovely flowers,vacations,beaches etc. But there is an another side of the coin too. Despite of those good things, summer can be a biggest nightmares for your skin.
Yes, you read right if not taken proper care your skin and hairs can get damaged badly by those unpleasant,humid and dry warm winds followed by those harsh sun rays.
Never worry, here I present you some tried and tested Beauty Tips that does wonders to your skin and make it sing the famous K.D.Lang song, “sweet,sweet burn of sun and summer wind,and you my friend,my new fun thing,the summer fling”.
Take Care Of Your Skin
1) Follow The CTM routine
CTM stands for : C- cleansing, T- Toning , M- Moisturising.
Make it a habit to cleanse your face everyday especially in summers, to avoid those skin ailments like blackheads,clogged pores and acne.Cleanse your face with a good cleansing milk or oil to avoid piling up dirt, makeup residuals etc.Avoid using soaps which tend to make your skin dry.
You can also use any baby oil or vegetable oil as a cleanser. Apply a generous amount of oil and apply all over your face and neck area. Leave it for 4-5 minutes,so the oil can loosen up those dirt and makeup from ur face. Now,wipe your face with a cotton pad or a cotton cloth.
Wash your face with your favorite face wash for that freshness.
The next step is Toning. Once done with cleansing,tone your face with some hydrating and nourishing toners suiting your skin type, to ensure the good that glow.
Facial Mists are very popular these days performing the same task by hydrating and nourishing your skin. You can buy any on them but make sure they are alcohol free. Just spray it on your face or pat it a bit with your palm, and you are ready to go.You can use this mists to perk it up your skin anytime in day, especially when you are out in this hot summers.
Make your own facial mists:
- Peel and grind cucumber until it’s smooth.
- Strain the mixture in a clean bowl,you can use cheesecloth for straining.
- Add ½ tablespoon of lemon juice,2 tablespoon of mint juice,½ cups of rose water.
- Now stir it till it blends properly.
- Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle and use when needed.
- You can add more rose water or distilled water if mixture seems viscous.
Rose water and Green Tea are some options of the great toners almost suiting all skin types.here for some homemade toners.
The Final step is Moisturizing. The biggest problem of skin during summer. Where your skin dehydrates and get dry easily due to the not so pleasant sunrays and dry winds.
Moisturizer is the one which completes your beauty regime by forming a layer between the skin and the atmosphere, by locking up the moisture of you skin. It protects the skin from losing the water and thus preventing it from becoming dull.
Don’t ever skip your moisturizer if you have an oily skin too.Try finding out a moisturizer suiting your skin type and just use it on our damp skin to secure the water inside your skin.
2) Sunscreen Is Must
Never step out of your house without wearing it especially in Summers. Preventing your skin before damaging is a good choice.
Sunrays causes more damage to the skin and many skin issues like sunburn, brown spots,fine lines and skin dryness.
Forming a thick screen,sunscreen protects your skin and ensures its health .Invest in a good sunscreen with SPF 30 and apply it on your skin. Repeat the application every couple of hours when you are exposed to the sun.
3) Take Care of Your Lips As They Never Lie
Lip Care – an essential part of your skin care as lips are the most sensitive part of our face. It requires an extra moisture and care to keep them soft and healthy.
Your lips don’t lie, when you care they’ll sing when not they’ll not. So it’s always a better idea to care care of the them by exfoliating them and hydrating them with good amount of moisture. Invest in a good lip moisturizer or lipsticks with SPF 15, to prevent them from chapping,drying and blackening.
Exfoliate them time to time here for some lip scrub options.
4) Go For Non- Comedogenic Products
A product which is comedogenic is an enemy for your skin as it tend to block your pores making them prone towards skin irritations,infections and the scariest acne breakouts.
Summers are the favorite seasons for these infections as we sweat and unknowingly combine oily and pore blocking products.So you must use non-comedogenic products to prevent your skin from bacteria piling ups and dryness.So it’s better to be safe than sorry.
5) Aloe Vera Is Your Best Friend
A plant found almost in every house, if not, Get one. As this single plant is capable of so many health benefits and can help you to maintain the beauty of your face and hairs in this summer.
Aloe vera has an anti inflammatory property and is packed with antioxidants which also moisturizes your skin. It provides a cool and soothing effect to our skin.
Just pluck a fresh Aloe Vera leaf,cut it and apply the cool gel on your skin.It is my favorite and will be your too once you’ll use it. You can also get this gel in the market.
Don’t Get Tangled Take Care Of Your Hairs
1) Get a New Shampoo
Does your scalp irritates in summer ? Hmm, well it’s not a matter to shy away but shouldn’t be ignore either.
Our Scalp accommodate a lot of dirt and pollution mixed up with sweat in summer and it’s quite common but if taken proper care the situation can be controlled.
Switch to a deep cleaning /clarifying shampoo and use it often.Also it will helps you to clean those chlorine particles,which you got from your swimming sessions. Proper care can prevent you from huge losses.
2) Condition It Deep With Hair Masks
A shampoo followed by deep conditioner is a must have habit to achieve a healthy and detangled hairs.
If you also get that frizz and dry hairs in summers,you must try these hair mask once a week.
You can use Aloe vera gel as a hair mask or for a variation to this hair mask just add 2-3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoon of honey.Mix them and apply on your hairs. Leave it for 45 minutes then rinse it. This is my favorite way to keep my scalp cool and my hair deep conditioned in summers. click here to try another super nourishing hair mask.
3) The Magical Hair Spray
‘I made such a good hairstyle but these hot winds ruined everything by making my hairs look so horrible”. I am sure you also have experienced this feeling sometimes in your lives.
But, never again as we have a solution for it.Tame those strands with a good and hydrating hairspray to escape you from the bad hair days.A good hair spray will hold on your hairs making them smell good in summers.
Use your cotton scarves and wide brimmed hats for extra coverage.
Make It Up For Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer is about being Natural. Switch to those light shades whether its lipsticks,nail paints or eyeshadow.
- Creme Eye shadows will not melt with the heat in summers.Try using waterproof makeup products.
- Use waterproof eye products like eyeliners and mascara to avoid them running out due to the temperature and sweat.
- Use melt proof makeup products all over the face.Use especially formulated concealers and blouses,which can withstand the heat,sweat,humidity and water.
- Prime it up before applying foundation to keep it in place and prevent melting.
- Loose powder to hold all makeup on your face.
- Apply bronzer to accentuate the high points on your face (cheekbones,nose and forehead),also extend a bit of the product towards your neck.
- Body mist and deodorants are equally important to fight the odd sweaty smell in summers.
- Also use Anti-tanning creams to avoid skin tanning.
Stay Cool And Healthy This Summer
- Hydration is very important for functioning of inner organs as well as our skin (largest organ). Drink 8-10 glasses to maintain your water levels and to prevent from the deadly dehydration.
- Time to bing on those colourful salads,smoothies,juices and fruits. These healthy eatings options are not only a perfect treat for your taste buds this summer, but also provide you with huge amount of antioxidants.
- Must include Seasonal fruits in your diet.Fruits like Red grapes,have an amazing substance called Resveratrol. Thus, Red grapes are perfect option for this summer to prevent that redness and dryness.Watermelons,berries,litchi,mango etc.are some other options with their unique benefits.Make a salad with vitamin C rich citrus,berries,tomato and vitamin E rich Nuts. This healthy salad will be a perfect SPF meal.
- Going out for Summer vacation is a chance, nobody wanted to miss. But taking some precautions can help you enjoy your vacations fully.Hygienic life is a key to good health.Wash your hands often to avoid those germs travelling inside your body.Use antibacterial soaps for bathing.
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses to avoid the redness and treat often with cooling cucumber mask.
- Cold showers not only will relax your body but also helps to keep skin unblocked.
- Avoid going out in peak hours when sun in on its best.
- Keep binging on lighter meals when required to keep the energy mode on.
- Maintain that glucose level of your body. You get some extra with the glucose drinks.
So try these awesome tips and to enjoy the summer sunshines.Go for swimmings,barbeques and beaches.Enjoy your vacation without worrying about your skin.Just follow these tips and get best of this summer season. Stay Careful and stay beautiful.